Saturday, August 1, 2009

Is Accounting a subject in USA schools


Is Accounting a subject in USA schools?
Some countries don't teach Accounting in schools. Only secondary as part of a Math's class or as part of Business Studies, or so. Is it a stand alone subject in the USA? What is the course level in the schools?
Teaching - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My daughter's high school has an accounting class. Most US colleges have a Accounting major. I haven't heard of it being taught as an independent class under the high school level.
2 :
I don't believe any state has a required class on accounting for secondary school students. However, some schools might offer an elective class (one not required for graduation but that the students can choose to take) on accounting. Normally, for students going to college, the high school math classes are algebra 1, geometry, algebra 2, precalculus/trigonometry, and maybe calculus. Most colleges and universities in the US offer degrees in accounting.
3 :
in secondary its a stand alone
4 :
In high school, I took accounting. We had to take a certain amount of electives outside of our general requirements. I took 2 years of accounting. I'm studying to be a teacher. But, if I had to pick a different career, I might go into accounting.
Read more discussion :