Monday, November 8, 2010

Are there any high school student exchanges within the USA


Are there any high school student exchanges within the USA?
Ok i'm a sophomore in high school and i need to move somewhere. I'm in a tiny town and I have to get out! I want to live with another family or something and move to another school like foreign exchange but within the country. I have to get out soon, I need a new experience. I want to move across the country and stay somewhere help please!
Other - United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Why would you do that??? Go and explore the world, not just your own little country!
2 :
To my knowledge, no there aren't any. Generally, people wait it out, and get out of smaller towns when they go to college. Do the best you can at school, and try and get a scholarship to a school that is somewhere you want to go. The only way to live with another family and attend school in another city/town/state is to have your parents transfer guardianship of you to a family member living somewhere else, so they are legally able to register you in a school somewhere else. Honestly, it's not worth the hassle, and I bet your parents would not be happy about it.



Read more discussion :