Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Can School/College take foreign transcripts, evaluate and determine if it’s equivalent to high school dipl


Can School/College take foreign transcripts, evaluate and determine if it’s equivalent to high school dipl?
I went to school in the UK and completed all required years of schooling and took some SECONDARY EDUCATION classes (GCSE and GCE A-Level examinations). If i give my certificates awarded can School/College take them and legally give me or determine if it is of same value as a high school diploma (USA)? Can a us high school give me a diploma on my certificates?
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would suggest that you contact the: American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. They provide equivalency evaluations in instances like yours. There is a fee, but you would likely need such an evaluation if you were looking to enroll in college or otherwise use your credentials in the US. No, a US high school would not give you a diploma in any instance.
2 :
I think you could talk to admissions staff at the schools which you are considering and they would either be able to evaluate your transcripts, or they would be able to tell you the process to do that. Most schools have staff members who are used to working with international students and they know all the steps you need to take to enroll in an American school. You wouldn't be able to get a high school diploma with your certificates but you don't need it. I suspect you'd be just fine to apply to continue your education if your overall academic performance and exam scores are good.
3 :
If you need the transcripts for college, most US schools accept transcripts from accredited schools in foreign countries. I had my high school transcripts sent to the US from Brasil, and they were fine.
Read more discussion :