Tuesday, July 24, 2012

an my (Mexican) children go to a USA public school or must I send them to private school


an my (Mexican) children go to a USA public school or must I send them to private school ?
If I move to the USA, can I send my (three) children to a USA public school or MUST I send them to a private school ? The area I am looking at has very good public schools and some very good private schools (but incredibly expensive). Actually , I could afford the private schools but I just want to know what my options are. Some background information : I am thinking of Moving to USA from Mexico. I, my three children and wife all have Mexican Passports(even though we are mostly a Mixture of Russian/German/Spaniards and could apply for passports for those countries). All of us speak fluent English. I currently have my business in Mexico, where I employ 10 people, and fortunately I enjoy a very good living. However..I am currently thinking of moving to the USA and opening a second business there (this second one will start very small with just me and my wife but I am hoping that in a couple of years I can duplicate the success I've had in Mexico. Unlike my fellow countrymen who go the USA, to find jobs and escape poverty , my own particular reason for moving to the USA is strictly for safety because of the drug killings, kidnappings etc. Even though I live in a very affluent and safe area in Mexico , and so far nothing has ever happend to my family, it looks like it is getting nastier every day so I want to get out of here before the s*it hits the fan. However, there are a lot of pros and cons for me to evaluate, which is why I would appreciate any input on the matter. Only serious answers please. Thank you very much ! We would all live legally in the USA.
Primary & Secondary Education - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you're here legally, WELCOME to AMERICA!!!! :D Yeah, your kids can go to public school. I don't see why not.
2 :
You would have no trouble enrolling your children in a public school, particularly if you are residing in the U.S. legally.
3 :
You would first need a green card or some legal way to come to the country and stay. I have no idea how you would start a business as an illegal. If your kids are illegal then it depends on the district whether or not they will take your kids. I am sure a private school would probably take your money. My advice is to stay where you are.
4 :
If your children are legal in the USA they must go to school as long as they live in there. I never studied in the USA, but I have a lot of friends that did. Kids must go to school! I lived (legally) in London and had to study there for all the years I've been in there. If they're illegal, try to change the situation, if they're legal, find the nearest school to them!
5 :
Since you said you will be living legally in the USA, then you will have no trouble at all enrolling your kids in the public school system. As long as you live in the district where you want to send your kids, there will be no problem enrolling them. If you happen to live outside the district, you can still send them to the school you want to send them to as long as you apply for a transfer. But I suggest doing this as soon as possible if applying for a transfer because they tend to fill up spots in the school fast.
6 :
I don't know where you're considering a relocation to, but there are excellent private schools in McAllen, Texas which is about 4 hours from Monterrey NL
Read more discussion :